I either take notifications off those apps (only keep the essential ones like texts and calls), or I delete them from my phone, so I would only access them through a computer (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter)
By doing other stuff to distract your mind like cleaning your room and anything. Also checking your wardrobe if you need those or not
I break the habit of continually checking apps for new posts/messages by checking them early at evening and at night I switch my phone to airplane mode so the posts or messages can't come before sleeping.
I have much self-control. And sometimes I take the help of fear of not accomplishing any task if I continue to spend time on apps. I am an engineering student.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?