Meditation is about disconnecting in the form of not thinking about your normal day to day stresses and distractions such as plans or social media. Instead you should try to connect to your body and soul.
If you are disconnecting I recommend either you turn your wifi off so no messages are coming through to disturb you and listen to some music that way or even better if you have a CD player put your music on that and meditate that way. Either way your doing yourself a huge favour and reflecting on yourself and looking after yourself.
Learn to be aware of your breath, and aware of your body, the feelings, when you take a deep breath and let go of your problems everytime you blow the air out.
It is actually good to meditate when you're disconnected, there are plenty of ways like reading books, writing down your thoughts and emotions in your notebook and even studying. I think it all depends on what you feel at peace and comfortable to. For me, I meditate through writing and reading- it would help me reflect on things that I didn't know and help me grow as a person that I wanted to be and hoped that tomorrow I can learn things more.
- When I disconnect and unplug, I’m lying in my bed with what seems like an interminable number of thoughts looping in my head. I know, my head is very talkative. I can’t sleep because of this, and so after a while, my phone shuts me up because I go and look at it. Any advice on keeping my thoughts to a minimum? Cheers.
- What motives you to put your phone away?
- I easily forget to do my night routine. How can I make it a permanent thing?
- I often stay on my phone late to distract from negative thoughts in my mind, how can I avoid these negative thoughts getting out of control without going on my phone.
- I don’t like to leave my phone an hour before sleep.. is it a necessity if i already can sleep well ?
- What is their evening routine and why?
- How do you deal with friends that are trying to contact you while you’re getting ready to fall asleep and disconnecting?
- How many hours before sleep time do you disconnect?
- What does it help you the most to disconnect at night? I am still finding it hard to disconnect from my phone and not look at it right before going to bed…
- What have u tried that doesn’t work?