Meditation is about disconnecting in the form of not thinking about your normal day to day stresses and distractions such as plans or social media. Instead you should try to connect to your body and soul.
If you are disconnecting I recommend either you turn your wifi off so no messages are coming through to disturb you and listen to some music that way or even better if you have a CD player put your music on that and meditate that way. Either way your doing yourself a huge favour and reflecting on yourself and looking after yourself.
Learn to be aware of your breath, and aware of your body, the feelings, when you take a deep breath and let go of your problems everytime you blow the air out.
It is actually good to meditate when you're disconnected, there are plenty of ways like reading books, writing down your thoughts and emotions in your notebook and even studying. I think it all depends on what you feel at peace and comfortable to. For me, I meditate through writing and reading- it would help me reflect on things that I didn't know and help me grow as a person that I wanted to be and hoped that tomorrow I can learn things more.
- What can help anxiety?
- What do you do with your time after you disconnect from technology?
- How do you get yourself to put your phone down?
- What do you do when you have a day where everything is going right, and you have no reason, yet your attitude is just tired and snappy, even if at the start of the day everything was well, happy, and excited?
- I have a hard time figuring out what time I should disconnect & unplug because before starting this challenge I slept at various times & always watched tv in the night so I’m confused on what I should do to make sure I hv a steady routine n going to sleep & getting off electronics.
- Have you found it hard to stay away from your devices and what have you done to resist the urge to go on them?
- I don’t know how I’m on my phone a lot.
- Some apps like this one, journaling or meditation apps are part of my evening ritual. So how do I stop using the phone and unwind without loosing the advantages of those apps?
- When I can’t sleep I usually end up scrolling though my phone. Tips for stopping?
- What do you do if you’re feeling tired and stressed out?