That's a big dilemma. I have this solution but I haven't put it to work yet. I want to get away from the internet, not from the phone per se. I just unplug the internet, fill the gratitude part and then listen to the meditation I downloaded previously. This works for me. 🙂
I see Fabulous as a part of „unplugging“. The exercises are here to make you aware and inspire to live a better life and not to add another app you are addicted to. You can use the app as a map showing you the direction to go, as reminder take good care of yourself and as a checklist for your day. So it is not meant to distract you from life, on the contrary it is to dive in fully and live your best life by taking care of yourself ❤️ Therefore, I think it is a crucial part of „unplugging“.
The phone is on to remind us to practice whichever task. The phone goes down while I complete the task. The timer goes off from Fabulous to say: time is up.
- How do you success at avoiding your phone? How do you manage to break the addiction?
- How do you replace your screen time at bedtime? As a mom, sometimes after their bedtime is the only time I get to myself. It’s hard to use that time to wind down and go to sleep when it’s the only “me” time I have.
- How do you stay away from your phone ?
- What is the most effective way to unplug and disconnect for you?
- What do you do when you remember something you need to look up on the internet or someone you need to connect with, after you’ve put your devices away for the night?
- I get really anxious not having my phone next to me when I fall asleep. How have you worked through that?
- What are some of your most favorite ways to disconnect/ unplug? How would you make such a mudane task really fun for yourself?.
- Do you sometimes get anxious when you disconnect? How do you wind down from feeling anxiety about putting the phone away?
- I assume the purpose of unplug and disconnect is to calm yourself and avoiding distractions. I usually read my Kindle book for less than one hour after unplug and disconnect. Does it against the habit?
- How should I be calm about all the messages I can miss ?