Get rid of things that make it addicting (Phone apps social media etc.) Or set a timer if you can’t beat to lose them. Also, plan out activities to do during that day that require your fell attention such as hanging out with friends or getting some work done so that you don’t feel the NEED to fill up empty time with your phone!
I put it on silent mode or dnd and put it on a charger sometimes I’ll place it deep in the drawer of my nightstand with it slightly cracked so it can still wake me up in the mornings. Also so I’m not tempted I give myself a curfew once I disconnect there is nothing or no one worth disturbing the peace I feel being alone and focused in that moment.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?