just sit still and review your day, how do you feel, why do you feel that way.
you don’t have to meditate if you can’t, however, meditation is a good way to get to peace of mind.
for me, i use fabulous app to meditate, then turn on the music background to think about my day, while i also turn on Do not disturb mode when I don’t receive any notifications at all.
Best of luck and don’t worry, try these and you’ll find your own way.
All of these will help you wind down and get ready for a goodnight sleep
When I am with a partner, I actually like to talk before going to sleep, take time to ask questions which have perhaps been bothering me, or discuss a topic when have put off for a while..
I would suggest placing any of your evening routine tasks that can be accomplished without a screen at the end. I have medidate, journaling, and reading set after disconnect and unplug, which makes sense for me!
Meditate, that's something you can do and, trust me, it'll make you feel so good and relax. Just sit or lie down, however you feel comfortable, and close your eyes. Relax you muscles, your shoulder, face, hands; and just breath, focus on your breathing. Feel your body of your sit, beware of every feeling of your body, and keep breathing. If you have any thoughts, just let them flow through your mind, as it came, it will go.
You can also read, fing find a good book and read it before you go to bed.
p.s Some advise to help you sleep, You should two hours before you sleep, you should stay hydrated, and if you could change the lights in your room, change it to yellow lightning. Hope this helps you!
Your davourite author, or a book you’ve really liked and would like to read again. Painting can also be nice and relaxing. Doesn’t have to be something elaborate, just some doodles would even be fine. You could also make a cup of tea
- Do you track/block your use using apps like Freedom and RescueTime? Why or why not?
- Do you usually check off the Disconnect and Unplug habit before you put away your phone for the night or the next morning?
- Without using a device or kindle, what Is your strategy to disconnect and unplug every night and do this consistently?
- What has been your biggest struggle with the disconnect habit?
- I use a sleep app to keep track of sleep cycles which I find very useful. I also use sleep stories sometimes from the Calm app. These motivate me to get to bed at a reasonable time and actually go to sleep. But I’m not literally unplugging. Also we don’t have a landline anymore so I do need to keep my phone on in case of emergencies. Is there a middle ground here?
- well done!! what do you do when you cant sleep and your mind is bein a tosser?
- Do you turn your phone off completely or just put it away somewhere? And where then?
- How do you not worry about missing out on a snap/message from a friend?
- Whilst it is easier during the week, I tend to stay up later at the weekend. Any ideas on how to combat this?
- I’m used to sitting in my bed watching something on my laptop. How/where can I watch it instead.