Also, most phones now have a Wellness feature (it's in the settings) that let you control how long you can use an app in a day. For example, I can only use Instagram and TikTok for 15 minutes a day. Once that time is met the app automatically shuts off. Now that my social media apps are self limiting I can focus on using my phone as a tool to help achieve the goals I've set. Like reading more books, so I got Audible. I wanted to meditate more so I have The Shine app.
There is nothing "wrong" with using your phone, especially when you want to disconnect and there are apps that help with that disconnections. The main thing is to be mindful of how you use your phone and how you spend your time.
I hope this helps.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?