About an hour or so …. my phone goes gray as a reminder not to use it.. I am not the best at following it.. so I usually am on my phone off and on until I lay in bed. This is something I want to get better at… unplugging by 9pm.
I worry less about the time and more about the action. I do it before I go upstairs. Sometimes that works out to 15 minutes before I actually go to bed and sometimes it’s an hour or more if I decide to read for a while
1 hour because in that hour I try to read a whole chapter of whatever book I'm on to disconnect from the world and give my thinking mind a break.
- How can I disconnect yet still complete my fabulous evening routine?
- By disconnecting it means not touching the telephone at all?!
- What do you recommend doing when we face the disconnect habbit challenge?
- What helps you disconnect and unplug? Do you replace the habit of screen time with something else?
- How long did it take to disconnect from social media
- what are your habits to help disconnect?
- What part of your phone triggers you most to pick up your phone?
- I really like using my phone at bedtime because it is the only time I am alone and have time for playing games/browsing social media, etc. I know I shouldn’t use my phone at bedtime, so when do I get to play games?
- What are some things I can do that don’t have anything to do with my phone or computer to help distract myself.
- How do you deal with the desire to check your phone before bed to make sure you’re ready for the next day?