About an hour or so …. my phone goes gray as a reminder not to use it.. I am not the best at following it.. so I usually am on my phone off and on until I lay in bed. This is something I want to get better at… unplugging by 9pm.
I worry less about the time and more about the action. I do it before I go upstairs. Sometimes that works out to 15 minutes before I actually go to bed and sometimes it’s an hour or more if I decide to read for a while
1 hour because in that hour I try to read a whole chapter of whatever book I'm on to disconnect from the world and give my thinking mind a break.
- What do you do to disconnect& unplug, if your mind is still full of to do’s? How do you prepare to disconnect?
- How do you disconnect from the perceived intense connections and relationships with others?
- I don’t really understand what it means by disconnecting and unplugging?
- How can we disconnect and unplug when we are supposed to be using the Fabulous app (this requires the use of my phone)?
- What’s best to do instead of using my phone before bed?
- Do we need to disconnect an hour before we go to bed or before we go bed?
- Does this mean all screens? Like iPad iPhone tv and laptop into one? Because i watch TV to relax before bed (TV is in the lounge room so I still have to walk to my room afterwards) I’m disciplined with only watching one episode. Then disconnect is i just use my phone only for the fabulous app or urgent family messages then put it on silent. Is that enough?
- Any tricks for not being tempted by your phone?
- How do I stop my self from watching YouTube or Netflix on my laptop till 1:00 am?
- When disconnecting from the phone what’s a good way to insure you won’t be tempted to use it?