About an hour or so …. my phone goes gray as a reminder not to use it.. I am not the best at following it.. so I usually am on my phone off and on until I lay in bed. This is something I want to get better at… unplugging by 9pm.
I worry less about the time and more about the action. I do it before I go upstairs. Sometimes that works out to 15 minutes before I actually go to bed and sometimes it’s an hour or more if I decide to read for a while
1 hour because in that hour I try to read a whole chapter of whatever book I'm on to disconnect from the world and give my thinking mind a break.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?