About an hour or so …. my phone goes gray as a reminder not to use it.. I am not the best at following it.. so I usually am on my phone off and on until I lay in bed. This is something I want to get better at… unplugging by 9pm.
I worry less about the time and more about the action. I do it before I go upstairs. Sometimes that works out to 15 minutes before I actually go to bed and sometimes it’s an hour or more if I decide to read for a while
1 hour because in that hour I try to read a whole chapter of whatever book I'm on to disconnect from the world and give my thinking mind a break.
- What should I do when I am not using my phone?
- How do you limit yourself for using social media?
- How long does it normally take to getting into a better routine around disconnecting?
- How can you stop idle internet browsing ?
- How do you distract yourself from your screens after disconnecting?
- Any creative ways of breaking phone addiction?
- How do you avoid using your phone before you go to bed?
- Where do you keep your phone after you disconnected for the evening?
- I am surrounded by screens. What should I do to avoid them ?
- Once you are looking at an app or into a game, how do you escape the “just one other thing” vicious cycle?