L Rke Z.
Put your phone away to charge on the other side of the room and pick up a good book. A book will take you so many more places than your mobile will.
I have set an alarm to “shut down tech”. When it goes off, I put my phone on a charger in another room, and usually pick up a book or play an instrument. It distracts me and by the time I’m done reading/playing I’ve forgotten about the phone!
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?