Just set the phone down and ignore it and keep pushing forward, you know what you have to do!!! Its worth it in the end!!!
I really like disconnecting before sleep because it helps me to unwind and slow down my thoughts and worries. I use soft lighting, drink herbal tea, and read, or listen to music. I can fill out the my accomplishments on the App the next day. The App is a tool, not the focus.
When in the app move your disconnect to the bottom of the list and only click it when your putting your phone down. In other words, do your meditation and write your lists, and then when it’s ready to settle down, click the check box and then close the app, put your phone down, and don’t pick it up for the rest of the night.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?