Just set the phone down and ignore it and keep pushing forward, you know what you have to do!!! Its worth it in the end!!!
I really like disconnecting before sleep because it helps me to unwind and slow down my thoughts and worries. I use soft lighting, drink herbal tea, and read, or listen to music. I can fill out the my accomplishments on the App the next day. The App is a tool, not the focus.
When in the app move your disconnect to the bottom of the list and only click it when your putting your phone down. In other words, do your meditation and write your lists, and then when it’s ready to settle down, click the check box and then close the app, put your phone down, and don’t pick it up for the rest of the night.
- By disconnecting it means not touching the telephone at all?!
- What do you recommend doing when we face the disconnect habbit challenge?
- What helps you disconnect and unplug? Do you replace the habit of screen time with something else?
- How long did it take to disconnect from social media
- what are your habits to help disconnect?
- What part of your phone triggers you most to pick up your phone?
- I really like using my phone at bedtime because it is the only time I am alone and have time for playing games/browsing social media, etc. I know I shouldn’t use my phone at bedtime, so when do I get to play games?
- What are some things I can do that don’t have anything to do with my phone or computer to help distract myself.
- How do you deal with the desire to check your phone before bed to make sure you’re ready for the next day?
- How do you set limits for yourself and stick by them