Set specific time for electronics before you disconnect. Give yourself as much time as you think you need set a timer or alarm. If you have trouble prioritize which apps or articles and stick to the rule of 3. Choose your favorite 3
After a long and stressful day I will disconnect by turning off my phone or at a minimum turning it on silent, turning off data and wifi and putting on music but not looking at my phone. I will maybe read, do some things around the house or do some personal grooming and take it as me time with no distractions.
When I first get home after a stressful day, I usually put on some comfy clothes and go on my phone or laptop. Once I go through my feeds and answer my texts/emails, I try to put my phone down and make some dinner. Going for a walk after dinner is also a really nice way to de-stress. You can also try reading a book or taking a shower to relax.
My phone goes to "Bedtime" mode automatically at 8pm. I set my phone on a stand by my bed and unless an emergency, I don't connect again till my morning alarm.
Usually, I would end up watching Netflix for hours, but obviously this isn't the most productive idea. Recently I've started meditating, and I find it really relaxing. I would suggest giving it a try.
I tend to simply disconnect from all sorts of contact with other people whether it’s digital or not. I then spend time doing something which I find relaxing like reading, writing or writing music
I put my phone on to “do not disturb” mode. That way notifications don’t entice me to check my phone. I turn on some white noise, shut my phone down, and breathe deeply and actively think about clearing my mind. If thoughts creep in – that’s ok – I remind myself to focus on my breathing.
- What should I do when I am not using my phone?
- How do you limit yourself for using social media?
- How long does it normally take to getting into a better routine around disconnecting?
- How can you stop idle internet browsing ?
- How do you distract yourself from your screens after disconnecting?
- Any creative ways of breaking phone addiction?
- How do you avoid using your phone before you go to bed?
- Where do you keep your phone after you disconnected for the evening?
- I am surrounded by screens. What should I do to avoid them ?
- Once you are looking at an app or into a game, how do you escape the “just one other thing” vicious cycle?