When it’s getting close to the time to put my phone away for the night, I take some time to make sure I’ve done everything I need to do on it first. I check my email, respond to or send any messages needed, and check all of my notifications. Then I feel ready to put it away and I can move forward with my bedtime routine.
What i do is I answer all my messages, say good night to everyone i need to (like my friends and family) and then put my phone on Do Not Disturb. That way, i won't hear any notifications as my silent mode is off because of my alarm. Hope it helps!
I set it a rule to use it until 11 PM, and put it away (connect it to the charger on my piano at a corner of my room). If I forbid myself to use it at all at night, it's just too stressful and also I cannot get things that I have to do with my phone done. 11 PM (1 hour before my bedtime) is working great.
Close rhe phone, you can say after me: "I don't need the phone is not important to me i will close the phone now and after i can't use my phone until the morning"
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?