I normally say to myself “hey it’s time for bed”, close out of apps that are open, and put my phone face down. I don’t like to to put it in do not disturb or airplane mode in case someone needs to get ahold of me about something really important. I do for the most part have it on silence but that’s only cuz I really forget/ get lazy on turning the ringer back on after work.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?