I keep my phone usually in another room. It is on a 'Do Not Disturb' schedule that I set up. It turns on and off daily at set times. I have starred important contacts that I will allow to get through to me in emergencies. But, if they are night hawks and want to send me texted at all hours, I would have to remove their star status and look forward to their message in the morning.
I have an iPhone which I can schedule to turn on to Do Not Disturb mode. I schedule this an hour before bed at 9pm so that I don’t receive any incoming distractions before bed. I then leave my phone charging in the living room before I go to bed. I have a smart watch with a vibrating alarm set 5 mins before my phone alarm. This ensures I am out of bed by my intended get up time (6am) because I have to get to the lounge room to turn off the alarm before it wakes my family. Fabulous is set to launch when my phone alarm is set so that I kick start my day with my morning routine. I also sleep in my exercise gear so it’s one less thing to worry about in the morning and all I have to do is put on my shoes and drink a glass of water before my morning jog.
Rom O Y.
I always set my phone to automated do not disturb because I feel that sleep is a big determining factor in my mood. Better answered well later and quickly and poorly.
Absolutely! My phone is a major distraction so having it silenced helps. I used to be paranoid about it but now I find it freeing. I don't feel harassed by notifications and the like.
No. For me, it is more distracting to have my phone silenced. I worry I’m not going to hear my alarms or miss an important call. However, I’m not a light sleeper so if small things wake you up I would turn it off.
No, I do not have a landline and want my family to be able to contact me. I shut down internet on my phone to make sure I am not by whatsapp messages or other push notifications
No, but I have Night Mode turned on from the time I should start getting ready to go to bed and to the time I should already have woken up in the morning. I have set it so that it stops notifications but will still allow calls to come through.
On flight mode. Love it because if i wake up in the night I don't get distracted by checking it. Plus it's fun in the morning to turn it back on and see what's new 🙂
- What do you do when: eyes closed, lights off… and suddenly you start thinking about what you have to do tomorrow?
- When you disconnect but your mind is still busy and distracted, how do you calm it?
- How do you disconnect & unplug if you have to use your phone to check the evening routine as done?
- How soon before bed is recommended to disconnect? And what are your favorite ways to get ready for bed that don’t involve your phone?
- What is an alternative? My phone has become my safety blanket. What is something I can use instead during awkward situations?
- I would really love a solid way to minimize social media use in my down time??
- How long before going to bed do you put the phone down?
- Do you guys listen to music when you go to bed?
- Q regarding Disconnect : would it be improvement if I cant shut all of the tech off..to atleast cut back. For ex. I just got a new book. I’ll read tonight instead of TV..etc.
- How do you limit TV time?