Musical instrument, yoga or fitness of some sort, jigsaw puzzles, knitting or crochet, cards or boardgames, gardening, sitting in a lawn chair or sunbathing, cooking or baking, drawing or coloring, woodworking, … everyone does something else in their free time that they find relaxing. Try out different things until you find something you enjoy. If you’re having fun, it will relax you.
I think the most important is to build a great night routine. In that way you keep yourself busy whilst feeling satisfied when it’s done. I like to take a hot shower or bath because it really makes me relax and well it’s a routine. Another example is to journal and plan out the next day and if you had a to do list check if you have done everything. My favourite tough is listening to music cause it really puts me in a good mood
- How do you manage to stay disconnected when you’re bored?
- How early do you disconnect? When you go to bed or a certain amount of hours earlier?
- Do you use your “do not disturb” option and keep your phone on when disconnecting? (I have to keep it on because my insulin pump works with my phone).
- How about setting clock alarm in my phone? Does that count as disconnect?
- When do you disconnect at night?
- Do you put tour phone on airplane mode at night? Or ir can just be away from bed?
- When you disconnect do you just sit there what do you do!
- How can I relax without my device?
- What does unplug mean for you? What about if you have to work?
- How do You find time to do your routine every night? Sometimes I’m so tired and I just want to go to sleep.