Musical instrument, yoga or fitness of some sort, jigsaw puzzles, knitting or crochet, cards or boardgames, gardening, sitting in a lawn chair or sunbathing, cooking or baking, drawing or coloring, woodworking, … everyone does something else in their free time that they find relaxing. Try out different things until you find something you enjoy. If you’re having fun, it will relax you.
I think the most important is to build a great night routine. In that way you keep yourself busy whilst feeling satisfied when it’s done. I like to take a hot shower or bath because it really makes me relax and well it’s a routine. Another example is to journal and plan out the next day and if you had a to do list check if you have done everything. My favourite tough is listening to music cause it really puts me in a good mood
- I can’t seem to disconnect from Social Media at night.
- I would like to put my phone in another room at night, but I am afraid my mom or daughter might have an emergency in the night and try to call me, and u wouldn’t be able to hear the phone. Is it OK to just turn off WiFi, and maybe plug my phone in on the other side of room by my bed, so I won’t have tibe tempted to turn WiFi back on and look at internet?
- When do you locate your phone at night to recharge so that it is not by your bed but still convenient to check off your morning and evening routines?
- How to stop to use so much my phone !!!!?
- what are some things i can do when i’m disconnecting and unplugging?
- Is having a blue light filter on your phone good enough as not using the phone at all before bed?
- What is the hardest part of “disconnecting” for you?
- Do you have any tips on how to stay focused when you have to use your phone/computer for school work?
- Can anyone conduct their business affairs without a phone with the proper accomodation?
- How do I stop reaching for the phone when I’m eating? It seems to be an unconscious thing I do!