I suck at this myself, so take this with a grain of salt: I recently set up my screen time restrictions on iOS so that social media is shut off during standard work hours. That’s because I work from home and often use social media to distract myself from actually working. But you can set up restrictions like that around the times that you want to be distracted less. Any step is a step in the right direction. You got this!
For me, I had to go cold turkey and deactivated my Facebook. It helps that now I only check Instagram. Set a timer and say you'll enjoy the heck out of one social until the timer goes off.
- What should I do when I am not using my phone?
- How do you limit yourself for using social media?
- How long does it normally take to getting into a better routine around disconnecting?
- How can you stop idle internet browsing ?
- How do you distract yourself from your screens after disconnecting?
- Any creative ways of breaking phone addiction?
- How do you avoid using your phone before you go to bed?
- Where do you keep your phone after you disconnected for the evening?
- I am surrounded by screens. What should I do to avoid them ?
- Once you are looking at an app or into a game, how do you escape the “just one other thing” vicious cycle?