I suck at this myself, so take this with a grain of salt: I recently set up my screen time restrictions on iOS so that social media is shut off during standard work hours. That’s because I work from home and often use social media to distract myself from actually working. But you can set up restrictions like that around the times that you want to be distracted less. Any step is a step in the right direction. You got this!
For me, I had to go cold turkey and deactivated my Facebook. It helps that now I only check Instagram. Set a timer and say you'll enjoy the heck out of one social until the timer goes off.
- How do you manage to stay disconnected when you’re bored?
- How early do you disconnect? When you go to bed or a certain amount of hours earlier?
- Do you use your “do not disturb” option and keep your phone on when disconnecting? (I have to keep it on because my insulin pump works with my phone).
- How about setting clock alarm in my phone? Does that count as disconnect?
- When do you disconnect at night?
- Do you put tour phone on airplane mode at night? Or ir can just be away from bed?
- When you disconnect do you just sit there what do you do!
- How can I relax without my device?
- What does unplug mean for you? What about if you have to work?
- How do You find time to do your routine every night? Sometimes I’m so tired and I just want to go to sleep.