It totally is. I’m not even sure what “disconnect and unplug” means in that context but I just put my phone or computer aside and journal or just sit and think a bit.
It really does sound ironic! But, to make it work i use this habit at the very end of my evening routine, so that i'm not using my phone anymore
Yes I agree but you’re using the phone as a tool for accomplishing your activities. You’re not using it for entertainment purpose so as soon as you’re done with your check list turn off the phone.
I was thinking the exact same. However I do think it still works, even though I still have my phone. It helps you focus and learn that you can also use your phone in a good way.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?