La Farah C.
Set an alarm to notify you that it’s time to disconnect, once you have silenced the alarm, choose an activity that doesn’t involve your phone. Some ideas; reading more, working on a puzzle, arts and crafts, yoga or stretching etc. make sure it is something else you also enjoy doing, but don’t get much time to do. It will help distract you from the absence of your phone and help you reconnect with hobbies that have been forgotten and re-spark the joy that they once brought to you.
It is very hard and I still struggle with it but I set a time when I’m done with all electronics for the night then place my phone in area away from me until morning
Turn it off, put it on do not disturb mode so it doesn’t vibrate and make noise, put it on airplane mode so no messages or notifications come through
I deleted my social media apps. It helps me a lot and I generally feel better that I’m not on my phone and doing something else.
- I can’t seem to disconnect from Social Media at night.
- I would like to put my phone in another room at night, but I am afraid my mom or daughter might have an emergency in the night and try to call me, and u wouldn’t be able to hear the phone. Is it OK to just turn off WiFi, and maybe plug my phone in on the other side of room by my bed, so I won’t have tibe tempted to turn WiFi back on and look at internet?
- When do you locate your phone at night to recharge so that it is not by your bed but still convenient to check off your morning and evening routines?
- How to stop to use so much my phone !!!!?
- what are some things i can do when i’m disconnecting and unplugging?
- Is having a blue light filter on your phone good enough as not using the phone at all before bed?
- What is the hardest part of “disconnecting” for you?
- Do you have any tips on how to stay focused when you have to use your phone/computer for school work?
- Can anyone conduct their business affairs without a phone with the proper accomodation?
- How do I stop reaching for the phone when I’m eating? It seems to be an unconscious thing I do!