It is easy for me to not to use social media because I am not addicted to it. I like person to person contact and I know how to entertain myself with out it.
When im discomnecting fron social media and all devices i give myself 30 mins before and prepare my self to sleep or i read a book
The biggest social media trigger for me are the constant notifications. Once I hear one, I feel a need to check it, even of it's really not important or if I am doing something that is more important – like cooking, spending time with family, working, studying, or even just trying to have some quiet "me-time". Try going into your notification settings and disabling them by app – especially the popular apps like facebook, twitter, youtube, snapchat, tiktok, etc., where the constant feedback is actually assaulting your attention. Turning off the notifications allows you to choose when is the right time to check it instead of the apps telling YOU that you need to check it NOW. It can wait. Also try customizing your Do Not Disturb feature in your settings, setting up timeslots that will automatically turn the feature on and off. But in any case, when you decide to put your phone away for a bit, put it *away* – not close where you can easily grab it out of habit when you're not thinking. Put it in your bedroom, close the door, and keep it far enough away that it's less likely to take up your immediate physical space, which in turn helps to take up less of your mental space.
- How do you success at avoiding your phone? How do you manage to break the addiction?
- How do you replace your screen time at bedtime? As a mom, sometimes after their bedtime is the only time I get to myself. It’s hard to use that time to wind down and go to sleep when it’s the only “me” time I have.
- How do you stay away from your phone ?
- What is the most effective way to unplug and disconnect for you?
- What do you do when you remember something you need to look up on the internet or someone you need to connect with, after you’ve put your devices away for the night?
- I get really anxious not having my phone next to me when I fall asleep. How have you worked through that?
- What are some of your most favorite ways to disconnect/ unplug? How would you make such a mudane task really fun for yourself?.
- Do you sometimes get anxious when you disconnect? How do you wind down from feeling anxiety about putting the phone away?
- I assume the purpose of unplug and disconnect is to calm yourself and avoiding distractions. I usually read my Kindle book for less than one hour after unplug and disconnect. Does it against the habit?
- How should I be calm about all the messages I can miss ?