I don't turn my WiFi off, but I leave my phone on focus mode, which disables notifications for certain apps for a certain period of time you set. I set a schedule to turn on focus mode every night 10.30, so that I stop checking my phone, and to automatically turn back on at 8.30 in the morning after I'm done with all my morning routines. But phone calls can still come through no problem just in case there's an emergency.
Мария Костина N.
I think it is a good idea. I do the same, because I need to use my phone as an alarm clock right on my desk near my bed, so I just switch off the WiFi connection.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?