It's really hard for me to do it, as my entire social life is now on my phone. But my advice would be to put your electronics somewhere that is hard to reach and to unplug your TV if the temptation is too strong. This way, doing things that you now do on auto-pilot (like turning on the TV, opening social media apps etc) will become less accessible and you will have to be intentional about it. Also, turning off notifications for some apps that usually distract you is a good idea. They can wait until morning and your mental health is more important than answering messages. I hope this was helpful and I just wanted to say that you are doing amazing just by using this app and trying to improve!
I moved all of my electronics out of my bedroom and into my office to charge my devices and once they are charged I shut them right off and I felt good the first time that I wanted that feeling every time! That’s what kept me doing it.
I view it as 'me' time before bedtime. Unwinding mentally and physically by breathing and stretching so I can sleep better
- I sometimes cannot disconnect from the news and work and the hectic life around me that I find myself getting anxious and just want to not be around anyone. What is the best way to pause and realize that life is okay and to be present in the moment?
- I usually disconnect for a while in the afternoon and obviously at some point at night. When do you think the best time to unplug and disconnect is?
- Is there anything new you have found to do away from your phone or laptop to sprur on enthusiasm for creativity?
- If you’ve disconnected – how do you tick off “disconnected” in Fabulous lol
- How do you keep your focus while doing something like reading? Do you get bored easily?
- How can I start including more exercise in my lifestyle?
- What are some examples of activities that you do as a replacement for idle Internet browsing?
- How do you unwind yourself quickly as soon as when you wake up
- What other habits help you to disconnect and unplug?
- What entertainment that doesn’t involve the phone/devices would be good for disconnecting?