But please remember that it'll be hard to make these changes initially so start small. Don't cut everything off all of a sudden because you probably won't be able to maintain it. Cut off the apps/Wi-Fi 15 mins before bed, then over time maybe 30, then 45, then 60. Make sure it's a gradual change
And as for TV, try to limit yourself to one less episode every day/other day/week and hopefully you'll be able to fully unplug.
But please remember that electronics are not all bad. They may help you wind down and so that'll help improve your sleep quality. Just make sure to use them in moderation and I'm sure you'll be fine 🙂
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?