I just keep it by my bed. I have is face down and on do not disturb so I don’t get notifications. Sometimes I do pick up my phone again but I try to have self control. Something that helps me not pick up my phone again is to think about and understand that everything will be there in the morning. All of the same texts and notifications will be there and so I’m not missing out.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?