I would think the best way to stop reaching for your phone when you're bored is to put it away and find something else to do.
You have an urge for something. Stop and think about the root cause for that urge. Try to satisfy the root cause with a healthier option. For me… keep your hands busy. I knit and craft and cook and type and read and origami. Fill the void instead of trying to practice suffering with it empty
- What could be an activity in bed?
- What evening routine habit has been the most helpful when trying to disconnect & get to bed?
- Which can be a solution to stay away from the smartphone during the evening?
- I always sleep with tv at least soft in the background or I find it hard to sleep.. what’s the best way to move on from the tv at night?
- How do you try to unplug throughout the day?
- What do you actually do to disconnect yourself from daily routine?
- How long do you disconnect and at which part of the day
- How do you manage your overthinking when you can’t sleep at night?
- What are some things that I can do to relax without technology that is not reading or meditation?
- How long should I disconnect and unplug and what are the benefits?