I would think the best way to stop reaching for your phone when you're bored is to put it away and find something else to do.
You have an urge for something. Stop and think about the root cause for that urge. Try to satisfy the root cause with a healthier option. For me… keep your hands busy. I knit and craft and cook and type and read and origami. Fill the void instead of trying to practice suffering with it empty
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?