Set your environment up right. Don't have your phone beside your bed, have a book. Drink water and read that. Don't forget your exercise first thing. 🙂
Ps Carole Baskin did it! Xo
Ps Carole Baskin did it! Xo
Oof I’m guilty of these myself. If anything I’m the bad influence. But I would suggest forming a new morning habit to replace these behaviors. Perhaps a mantra, a stretch, drinking water. But do it in a way that looks so fun and enjoyable that your significant other can’t help but join you!
Have a conversation with them, explain what you are doing and ask them to support you. Then it's up to you to do what you need to do.
That’s a difficult one. I would say replace their bad habit with something you want to do and use their habit to trigger your good one. Example: every evening my wife looks at her social media feed for 30 minutes when we are in bed. As soon as I see that I know that I have about 30 minutes to do something. And I use that time to read a book. Now every time she grabs her phone in the evening in bed. I reach for my book.
First, try to explain to them why this matters to you and see if you can work out a compromise. Your significant other may change his habits & join you on this journey of self discovery. Or at least offer their support by respecting your wishes. Otherwise, during TV time you can use headphones to play calming music or an audiobook to block out the TV, or better yet, have your significant other use headphones. In the early morning hours you can block out his phone with a sleep mask. Or encourage him to darken the screen, use headphones or face the phone away from you so the lights not so evident. Hope that helps some.
Ay E M.
To find another thing to do at the same time to not to notice these people. Today there are lots of attraction sources like telephone, internet, TV, social Media which takes our time more than we plan. We should focus on what is essential for us.
Try to get them on board and join you in this journey. Otherwise I’m not sure because my husband has no interest in this so that can be a set back at times with tv for me. As for the phone I just ignore that. Outside of this app I’m rarely on my phone now even though he always is on his which gets rather annoying now. Sleeping with a face mask and earplugs helps tremendously if you’re a light sleeper like me!
- How do i stop myself from watching tv or tik tok all night?
- what can i do when i ever get bored and want to enjoy and have some fun
- How do you discipline yourself to put your phone away at a certain time?
- I’m pressured to do more in the morning now. Should I be trying to reduce screen time or should it only be avoided before bed?
- How much time do you spend outdoors?
- Do you keep your phones on your nightstands/ bear your bed, or in a different room when going to sleep?
- What do you think about E-Books for reading?
- It some times can take me 2hrs of lying in silence before I fall asleep. Is it better to commit to the 2hrs or can I watch a movie (usually Fantasia, literally like every night). I have picked up the habit of reading for 30min before bed, but then thinking smooth the book keeps me up. Help please.
- Can you remind me to unplug please?
- Do you think that reading a book on your phone counts as using it? Or is it just reading?