Your routine sounds just fine to me. I’ve got two routines.., 1 for when I know I’m tired and the other for when I know I’m going to sleep and I need some time before the closedown moment. I’ve been doing this for 5 months now and ……Lo and behold I’ve been getting my rest and also have found success in fulfilling this Big Goal!!! Good luck!!!
It’s all personal preference. You need an amount of time to wind down from your day to help getting to sleep without your mind racing. For me I start to disconnect an hour before bed. It sounds like you are doing all the right steps but only you know if you have allotted enough time to calm your mind. I would add a sleeping meditation to the mix you mentioned but that is my personal preference. Hope that answers your question.
Best practice? Two hours before bed. Reality, depending on your stage of life – 1 hour. No reason to check email past 9pm unless you are in international business. Even then, you can set a schedule. Schedule your disconnect time. Make sure you’re all brushed and settled then read 30 minutes before lights out – no YouTube, social media, don’t answer phone or texts. You can teach people in your life when you are available and when you’re not. They will respect that.
- I can’t seem to disconnect from Social Media at night.
- I would like to put my phone in another room at night, but I am afraid my mom or daughter might have an emergency in the night and try to call me, and u wouldn’t be able to hear the phone. Is it OK to just turn off WiFi, and maybe plug my phone in on the other side of room by my bed, so I won’t have tibe tempted to turn WiFi back on and look at internet?
- When do you locate your phone at night to recharge so that it is not by your bed but still convenient to check off your morning and evening routines?
- How to stop to use so much my phone !!!!?
- what are some things i can do when i’m disconnecting and unplugging?
- Is having a blue light filter on your phone good enough as not using the phone at all before bed?
- What is the hardest part of “disconnecting” for you?
- Do you have any tips on how to stay focused when you have to use your phone/computer for school work?
- Can anyone conduct their business affairs without a phone with the proper accomodation?
- How do I stop reaching for the phone when I’m eating? It seems to be an unconscious thing I do!