Use “screen time” on iPhones to restrict your usage of apps that distract you & look on Youtube for the Android alternative (: some type of parental controls to restrict your usage of the apps that pull you into our distracted world
I struggle a lot with this exact same thing too. For me, it’s been super important to talk with family and friends and let them know exactly why I often take a step back from my phone. Generally, ill check my phone 3 times a day: in the morning, afternoon, and at night. This way, if there is anything important, it won’t be too long before I see it. But when you have a schedule to check your phone like that, I find it’s easier for it not to stress me out because I don’t have to worry about it until then. However, this is just what I do and it might not work for you. Hope you can find your balance! Good luck!
- What do you do when: eyes closed, lights off… and suddenly you start thinking about what you have to do tomorrow?
- When you disconnect but your mind is still busy and distracted, how do you calm it?
- How do you disconnect & unplug if you have to use your phone to check the evening routine as done?
- How soon before bed is recommended to disconnect? And what are your favorite ways to get ready for bed that don’t involve your phone?
- What is an alternative? My phone has become my safety blanket. What is something I can use instead during awkward situations?
- I would really love a solid way to minimize social media use in my down time??
- How long before going to bed do you put the phone down?
- Do you guys listen to music when you go to bed?
- Q regarding Disconnect : would it be improvement if I cant shut all of the tech off..to atleast cut back. For ex. I just got a new book. I’ll read tonight instead of TV..etc.
- How do you limit TV time?