Use “screen time” on iPhones to restrict your usage of apps that distract you & look on Youtube for the Android alternative (: some type of parental controls to restrict your usage of the apps that pull you into our distracted world
I struggle a lot with this exact same thing too. For me, it’s been super important to talk with family and friends and let them know exactly why I often take a step back from my phone. Generally, ill check my phone 3 times a day: in the morning, afternoon, and at night. This way, if there is anything important, it won’t be too long before I see it. But when you have a schedule to check your phone like that, I find it’s easier for it not to stress me out because I don’t have to worry about it until then. However, this is just what I do and it might not work for you. Hope you can find your balance! Good luck!
- How can I disconnect yet still complete my fabulous evening routine?
- By disconnecting it means not touching the telephone at all?!
- What do you recommend doing when we face the disconnect habbit challenge?
- What helps you disconnect and unplug? Do you replace the habit of screen time with something else?
- How long did it take to disconnect from social media
- what are your habits to help disconnect?
- What part of your phone triggers you most to pick up your phone?
- I really like using my phone at bedtime because it is the only time I am alone and have time for playing games/browsing social media, etc. I know I shouldn’t use my phone at bedtime, so when do I get to play games?
- What are some things I can do that don’t have anything to do with my phone or computer to help distract myself.
- How do you deal with the desire to check your phone before bed to make sure you’re ready for the next day?