Use “screen time” on iPhones to restrict your usage of apps that distract you & look on Youtube for the Android alternative (: some type of parental controls to restrict your usage of the apps that pull you into our distracted world
I struggle a lot with this exact same thing too. For me, it’s been super important to talk with family and friends and let them know exactly why I often take a step back from my phone. Generally, ill check my phone 3 times a day: in the morning, afternoon, and at night. This way, if there is anything important, it won’t be too long before I see it. But when you have a schedule to check your phone like that, I find it’s easier for it not to stress me out because I don’t have to worry about it until then. However, this is just what I do and it might not work for you. Hope you can find your balance! Good luck!
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?