Do 10 pushups. Then 10 situps. Then sit absolutely still and listen to your breathing for exactly one minute. Then read one thing non digital – book or magazine. You need to turn your mind down rather than stimulate it.
Read a book, exercise, do some yoga / meditate, spend time with your family, take a warm bath or shower, or declutter while listening to your favorite music. They may not be as “stimulating” as using technology per say, but they are guaranteed to be much healthier and good for your body as well as your mind. 🙂 Hope this helped!
An offline but still technological answer would be a podcast, audiobook or music. Otherwise you could develop a relaxing skincare/bodycare routine, read a book, meditate, do a relaxing yoga practice, journal or plan your day tomorrow.
I like to take a shower at the beginning of my “bedtime routine” and mark that as went I turn off technology. I will get out of the shower do a few things to get ready for bed (ie fill up my water bottle and put it next to my bed, apply some skin care night time products, etc) and then when I crawl into bed I will read a book for a bit til I’m ready to sleep! I’m not a big reader normally so I understand maybe having the feeling like that doesn’t “fix” with who you are BUT when you’re just reading for 10-20 minutes a night it’s actually really relaxing and you stay engaged in to book because your reading it every night and don’t antsy or anything about doing other thing instead! Just find a good book in a genre you like!!!
- What do you think about E-Books for reading?
- It some times can take me 2hrs of lying in silence before I fall asleep. Is it better to commit to the 2hrs or can I watch a movie (usually Fantasia, literally like every night). I have picked up the habit of reading for 30min before bed, but then thinking smooth the book keeps me up. Help please.
- Can you remind me to unplug please?
- Do you think that reading a book on your phone counts as using it? Or is it just reading?
- Do you think addiction prevents you ? Or relation?
- What really is the disconnect habit? It doesn’t give very much detail. I’ve been using it as an alarm half an hour before bed to know that I have to set my alarms for the next day and stop looking at my phone until the next day. Is this the intention? Also, Han Solo Star Wars Movie was amazing!
- What time do you disconnect, do you go to sleep right after disconnecting?
- I like to sit on my phone for a bit right before I go to bed but sometimes the phone can disrupt my sleep how can I fix this?
- I tend to have so many questions and reminders to set up before I go to sleep. How do I approach this without technology?
- I play a lot of video games, and my old roomate watched a lot of tv. I also grew up in a house with lots of people. Do you also have difficulty falling alseep to silence and no electronics on in the back ground?