Do 10 pushups. Then 10 situps. Then sit absolutely still and listen to your breathing for exactly one minute. Then read one thing non digital – book or magazine. You need to turn your mind down rather than stimulate it.
Read a book, exercise, do some yoga / meditate, spend time with your family, take a warm bath or shower, or declutter while listening to your favorite music. They may not be as “stimulating” as using technology per say, but they are guaranteed to be much healthier and good for your body as well as your mind. 🙂 Hope this helped!
An offline but still technological answer would be a podcast, audiobook or music. Otherwise you could develop a relaxing skincare/bodycare routine, read a book, meditate, do a relaxing yoga practice, journal or plan your day tomorrow.
I like to take a shower at the beginning of my “bedtime routine” and mark that as went I turn off technology. I will get out of the shower do a few things to get ready for bed (ie fill up my water bottle and put it next to my bed, apply some skin care night time products, etc) and then when I crawl into bed I will read a book for a bit til I’m ready to sleep! I’m not a big reader normally so I understand maybe having the feeling like that doesn’t “fix” with who you are BUT when you’re just reading for 10-20 minutes a night it’s actually really relaxing and you stay engaged in to book because your reading it every night and don’t antsy or anything about doing other thing instead! Just find a good book in a genre you like!!!
- I can’t seem to disconnect from Social Media at night.
- I would like to put my phone in another room at night, but I am afraid my mom or daughter might have an emergency in the night and try to call me, and u wouldn’t be able to hear the phone. Is it OK to just turn off WiFi, and maybe plug my phone in on the other side of room by my bed, so I won’t have tibe tempted to turn WiFi back on and look at internet?
- When do you locate your phone at night to recharge so that it is not by your bed but still convenient to check off your morning and evening routines?
- How to stop to use so much my phone !!!!?
- what are some things i can do when i’m disconnecting and unplugging?
- Is having a blue light filter on your phone good enough as not using the phone at all before bed?
- What is the hardest part of “disconnecting” for you?
- Do you have any tips on how to stay focused when you have to use your phone/computer for school work?
- Can anyone conduct their business affairs without a phone with the proper accomodation?
- How do I stop reaching for the phone when I’m eating? It seems to be an unconscious thing I do!