Honestly we all are dopamines and distracting apps are all over the place. Look at me for instance I love me some poker and at one time as my eyes blink and I looked at that phone it was straight to the tables. So instead what I did was made my Gmail account a priority so I subscribed to a bunch of sites or newsletters that I was interested in and set my notifications for my Gmail as a pop up and let me tell you the mail just kept pooring in…So when I took up my phone the first thing I will do is check my mail and do some light reading,now I'm in my mail at least 2hrs just reading up or clicking on promotions by the time I'm done I'm either researching something that spark my curiosity or might even put down the phone and go do something else…And now I've added fabulous to the to do list.. So before I hit the tables or IG and FB or any other app that boost my dopamine I do my mail…Hope that helps
- What do you do when: eyes closed, lights off… and suddenly you start thinking about what you have to do tomorrow?
- When you disconnect but your mind is still busy and distracted, how do you calm it?
- How do you disconnect & unplug if you have to use your phone to check the evening routine as done?
- How soon before bed is recommended to disconnect? And what are your favorite ways to get ready for bed that don’t involve your phone?
- What is an alternative? My phone has become my safety blanket. What is something I can use instead during awkward situations?
- I would really love a solid way to minimize social media use in my down time??
- How long before going to bed do you put the phone down?
- Do you guys listen to music when you go to bed?
- Q regarding Disconnect : would it be improvement if I cant shut all of the tech off..to atleast cut back. For ex. I just got a new book. I’ll read tonight instead of TV..etc.
- How do you limit TV time?