1. Set reminders or alarm. Or 2. you could put all your devices away. When there’s no screen distracting you, you’ll remember what you’re supposed to do.
Be honest and realist regarding the best time to start doing it and set an alarm. When it rings, don't think or negotiate with your, just stop whatever you are doing and start your night routine.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?