Since I do have to eventually come back to report to this app that I achieved my goal, it’s a matter of saying to myself it’s ok that I leave my iPhone hanging or waiting for me to come back which I will eventually do. It’s ok to do a sudoku puzzle or read a chapter or pray or stretch or go to the bathroom, etc without touching my iPhone. After a period of time of doing something else, I come back and feel good that I was able to take some time away from my iPhone and/or other devices to do something I want or needed to do. Any time away, even a minute 😜, is progress of making a change in my life!
Vladim R X.
You can check off the habits the next morning. Just be sure you're really editing the previous day and not the current one. Another option is to limit the phone use only to check off the habits. Just make sure you set your phone to not emit blue light at night. iPhone can do it as part of Night shift settings, or use app called Twilight for Android. Similar free app for Windows or Mac is called f.lux.
Just check it off the next day or check it off and put the phone down. A lot of times when you complete a routine fabulous will give you more things to look at, so I really like doing it in the morning
I’ve rearranged the order of my habits so disconnect and unplug is my last thing to check off for the night. So the order of my habits are darker quieter cooler, gratitude, meditate and disconnect unplug.
- I can’t seem to disconnect from Social Media at night.
- I would like to put my phone in another room at night, but I am afraid my mom or daughter might have an emergency in the night and try to call me, and u wouldn’t be able to hear the phone. Is it OK to just turn off WiFi, and maybe plug my phone in on the other side of room by my bed, so I won’t have tibe tempted to turn WiFi back on and look at internet?
- When do you locate your phone at night to recharge so that it is not by your bed but still convenient to check off your morning and evening routines?
- How to stop to use so much my phone !!!!?
- what are some things i can do when i’m disconnecting and unplugging?
- Is having a blue light filter on your phone good enough as not using the phone at all before bed?
- What is the hardest part of “disconnecting” for you?
- Do you have any tips on how to stay focused when you have to use your phone/computer for school work?
- Can anyone conduct their business affairs without a phone with the proper accomodation?
- How do I stop reaching for the phone when I’m eating? It seems to be an unconscious thing I do!