I use an app that I specify what other apps are a distraction. I set a time for it to alert me. This helps me. It has greatly reduced the time I spent on social media. I started with a longer allotment, but plan on reducing in small increments down the road.
I chose a nice fiction book and placed it next to my bed. Around 10:00 I move all my electronics to another room, get in bed and read. The book is nice enough to make me feel okay about letting go of Instagram, but not so interesting that it keeps me awake. Viola!
I am exactly the same I just think about how horrible it will be when I can't go to sleep and how tired I will be in the morning.
I don't have my phone in my room at night. My bedroom is essentially a no devices zone. So with this practice i am able to break this habit.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?