I use an app that I specify what other apps are a distraction. I set a time for it to alert me. This helps me. It has greatly reduced the time I spent on social media. I started with a longer allotment, but plan on reducing in small increments down the road.
I chose a nice fiction book and placed it next to my bed. Around 10:00 I move all my electronics to another room, get in bed and read. The book is nice enough to make me feel okay about letting go of Instagram, but not so interesting that it keeps me awake. Viola!
I am exactly the same I just think about how horrible it will be when I can't go to sleep and how tired I will be in the morning.
I don't have my phone in my room at night. My bedroom is essentially a no devices zone. So with this practice i am able to break this habit.
- What do you think about E-Books for reading?
- It some times can take me 2hrs of lying in silence before I fall asleep. Is it better to commit to the 2hrs or can I watch a movie (usually Fantasia, literally like every night). I have picked up the habit of reading for 30min before bed, but then thinking smooth the book keeps me up. Help please.
- Can you remind me to unplug please?
- Do you think that reading a book on your phone counts as using it? Or is it just reading?
- Do you think addiction prevents you ? Or relation?
- What really is the disconnect habit? It doesn’t give very much detail. I’ve been using it as an alarm half an hour before bed to know that I have to set my alarms for the next day and stop looking at my phone until the next day. Is this the intention? Also, Han Solo Star Wars Movie was amazing!
- What time do you disconnect, do you go to sleep right after disconnecting?
- I like to sit on my phone for a bit right before I go to bed but sometimes the phone can disrupt my sleep how can I fix this?
- I tend to have so many questions and reminders to set up before I go to sleep. How do I approach this without technology?
- I play a lot of video games, and my old roomate watched a lot of tv. I also grew up in a house with lots of people. Do you also have difficulty falling alseep to silence and no electronics on in the back ground?