Not really, I check "done" all the activities that I do after I disconnect and then do them. Or if I forget to check them off, I do it the next day.
Eberardo Da Rocha
Yes. I have to consciously remember to check the task before switching off for the night, it would be great if I could check the task the next day. In a morning I find it useful having fabulous as it motivates me to do the tasks.
Good point. I didn't think of it. I just started using the app so didn't catch on this. But I'd say not so much so far. Naturally by the evening I have a tendency to disconnect, or at least not check my phone so often. By 9 or 9.30pm I put my phone in plane mode make sure I check all I need to check early on, including my games. That way I am not tempteby the time I switch off. Hope that helps.
It’s kinda contradictory to be ticking an app to say I’ve switched off. I ise it to remind me that this is the last digital thing i will look at tonight
Sometimes it does and Sometimes it doesn’t interfere with my disconnect habit. It all depends on things like the weather outside, my mental trauma levels, my behavioral emotional management levels, my daily living activities schedules, my feelings,moods, it’s a lot o things but at the moment I’m kind of really directed to be a certain way while still living with my parents, they expect me to be showing them how much better off I will be without their constant nagging, contradicting , old fashioned ways of parenting me . I am really determined to show them that I can and will be 100 percent happy healthy safe independent for myself even when I don’t gel like it , I just have to be this way no matter what at all costs for myself whether I like it or not. It is about time I really started to live for myself and me and no one else even if I have to force myself. My parents and brother are not always going to be there for me and I have no right to expect them to be they have so many other things going on in their life as is and I need to be able to to do whatever it takes to do whatever it is that Manjeet wants to do for herself no matter what.
I don't think it does. My last routine is a 8pm my evening routine. I'm able to put my phone down around 9 and bed at 11.
I feel like I’m using fabulous a a checklist tool. Because it keeps my goals in line for the day I don’t consider it to be using it like I did social media. I’m not actively commenting in groups. Simply using it more or less as a checklist I always have with me.
I don’t think that it interferes with my disconnect habit. I like to read during my disconnect and Fabulous has letters tips that help me enforce the habits I am trying to form.
Yes it does. Everytime that I want to disconnect from the world it comes with another letter or notification (or I remember that I forgot to tick a box). Just turned off all notifications and left my phone as it as 6:15PM so it cannot interfere much longer.
Yes it reminds me what i have decided, in the busy life its easy to forget these small things. But fabulous ais always there.
- What can I do to reduce my social network use?
- I always sleep extremely late, even when I force myself to go to bed, I’ll read or check mail or do whatever things except sleep. How can I fix a sleep time and get good rest every night?
- What time do you disconnect and unplug?
- How do I stop going on my phone so much?
- How do you make yourself to go to sleep before 10:30 pm and stop using a phone (checking IG, FB, emails, WhatsApp) before going to sleep?
- What do you do to a phone call you’d rather not answer?
- Why is disconnecting and unplugging an important habit?
- Isn’t it ironic that it says “disconnect and unplug” whilst we use the app on our phones?
- How early should I disconnect? I brush and shut everything down just before bed and then read for a bit. Should I do it earlier?
- If I don’t have my phone I feel calmer and happier but I feel like I need my phone for emergencies. Family get frustrated and annoyed if I don’t answer them quickly. They say what if it’s an emergency?! It isn’t relaxing to be in a state of ‘what if there is an emergency’ all the time. But how to get the disconnect balance right?