A phone basket. However it's an individual's choice at the end of the day. A willingness & discipline to stick to time schedules for all my tasks, including phone use, has led me to 'create time' for more important task like spending time with my partner at night
Set a time where you will both disconnect. Explain the importance of it to them. If they aren't understanding than maybe they aren't ready to make proper positive changes to both of your lives.
you can always set a screen time for you and your partner if you have iphones (that I know of). I use it to manage the time I spend on my screen because I know that sometimes I take too much time on it
I try to pick a time that works for both of you. Set reminders or shared commitments on your calendar to encourage it. Celebrate little joys by doing things for each other. Charge your phone in a different room from the bedroom.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?