Usually when I disconnect, I tuck my son to bed and go read a bit before sleeping in as well. The temptation might be great sometimes but I found that a good book (for learning purposes or just pure relaxation) tends to win over that
- How often do you fail at disconnecting in the evenings?
- Do you turn off flight mode when you sleep?
- Do you ever use your phone as a security blanket?
- How exactly can you resist the urge to to constantly check your phone?
- Is there anything else to do but read? I don’t have a music player besides my phone
- How do you stop looking at your phone first thing?
- What do you do in the time between disconnecting & unplugging and falling asleep? To get ready for bed?
- My husband and I watch TV after our son goes to bed. This is our wind down time together, but often means we are looking at a screen until quite late at night. How do I fit watching what I want to watch with my husband into the day without having screen time before bed?
- How do you success at avoiding your phone? How do you manage to break the addiction?
- How do you replace your screen time at bedtime? As a mom, sometimes after their bedtime is the only time I get to myself. It’s hard to use that time to wind down and go to sleep when it’s the only “me” time I have.