Just focus on what you really Want, you can do enything.
Another thing that helps me is I have a sunrise alarm clock I got on Amazon that also has a count down night mode. When I hit that button the bright light turns on as well as the sound of trickling water. Slowly over 20 mins (or whatever time I have it set to) the light gets dimmer and dimmer until the time is up and it all turns off, light and sound. It really helps me ease in to the right mindset. Ever since starting this app and journey to better habits I have told myself that when I turn that sunset mode on, phone is done! Worked so far, hope it stays!
Read a book for at least 20 minute to relax your mind nd loose connection with the phone light.
If you’ve ever tried mindfulness that can help too, just be aware and observe what happens in your mind and body when the urge to check your phone or go on your pc arises, without actually following the urge.
If the problem isn’t about being distracted, but is about not being able to unplug in the first place, try setting an alarm, to warn you you have ten minutes left say, then you have to get everything done and wound up, before the next alarm ten minutes later, everything has to be turned off within ten seconds of the second alarm sound
Hope this helps in some way 🙂
- Do you track/block your use using apps like Freedom and RescueTime? Why or why not?
- Do you usually check off the Disconnect and Unplug habit before you put away your phone for the night or the next morning?
- Without using a device or kindle, what Is your strategy to disconnect and unplug every night and do this consistently?
- What has been your biggest struggle with the disconnect habit?
- I use a sleep app to keep track of sleep cycles which I find very useful. I also use sleep stories sometimes from the Calm app. These motivate me to get to bed at a reasonable time and actually go to sleep. But I’m not literally unplugging. Also we don’t have a landline anymore so I do need to keep my phone on in case of emergencies. Is there a middle ground here?
- well done!! what do you do when you cant sleep and your mind is bein a tosser?
- Do you turn your phone off completely or just put it away somewhere? And where then?
- How do you not worry about missing out on a snap/message from a friend?
- Whilst it is easier during the week, I tend to stay up later at the weekend. Any ideas on how to combat this?
- I’m used to sitting in my bed watching something on my laptop. How/where can I watch it instead.