Just focus on what you really Want, you can do enything.
Another thing that helps me is I have a sunrise alarm clock I got on Amazon that also has a count down night mode. When I hit that button the bright light turns on as well as the sound of trickling water. Slowly over 20 mins (or whatever time I have it set to) the light gets dimmer and dimmer until the time is up and it all turns off, light and sound. It really helps me ease in to the right mindset. Ever since starting this app and journey to better habits I have told myself that when I turn that sunset mode on, phone is done! Worked so far, hope it stays!
Read a book for at least 20 minute to relax your mind nd loose connection with the phone light.
If you’ve ever tried mindfulness that can help too, just be aware and observe what happens in your mind and body when the urge to check your phone or go on your pc arises, without actually following the urge.
If the problem isn’t about being distracted, but is about not being able to unplug in the first place, try setting an alarm, to warn you you have ten minutes left say, then you have to get everything done and wound up, before the next alarm ten minutes later, everything has to be turned off within ten seconds of the second alarm sound
Hope this helps in some way 🙂
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?