Just focus on what you really Want, you can do enything.
Another thing that helps me is I have a sunrise alarm clock I got on Amazon that also has a count down night mode. When I hit that button the bright light turns on as well as the sound of trickling water. Slowly over 20 mins (or whatever time I have it set to) the light gets dimmer and dimmer until the time is up and it all turns off, light and sound. It really helps me ease in to the right mindset. Ever since starting this app and journey to better habits I have told myself that when I turn that sunset mode on, phone is done! Worked so far, hope it stays!
Read a book for at least 20 minute to relax your mind nd loose connection with the phone light.
If you’ve ever tried mindfulness that can help too, just be aware and observe what happens in your mind and body when the urge to check your phone or go on your pc arises, without actually following the urge.
If the problem isn’t about being distracted, but is about not being able to unplug in the first place, try setting an alarm, to warn you you have ten minutes left say, then you have to get everything done and wound up, before the next alarm ten minutes later, everything has to be turned off within ten seconds of the second alarm sound
Hope this helps in some way 🙂
- How can I disconnect yet still complete my fabulous evening routine?
- By disconnecting it means not touching the telephone at all?!
- What do you recommend doing when we face the disconnect habbit challenge?
- What helps you disconnect and unplug? Do you replace the habit of screen time with something else?
- How long did it take to disconnect from social media
- what are your habits to help disconnect?
- What part of your phone triggers you most to pick up your phone?
- I really like using my phone at bedtime because it is the only time I am alone and have time for playing games/browsing social media, etc. I know I shouldn’t use my phone at bedtime, so when do I get to play games?
- What are some things I can do that don’t have anything to do with my phone or computer to help distract myself.
- How do you deal with the desire to check your phone before bed to make sure you’re ready for the next day?