Only watch tv in your living room area. Once your show is over or it’s time for bed, turn off all electronics and complete your nightly routine. It’s easier to fall asleep without any distractions rather than get engrossed in what’s on tv.
Just tonight, I decided to read a little instead of watching Netflix. Maybe you could try reading or writing in a journal or even a relaxing meditation. But you have to make the conscious decision to turn off the tv first. 😊
- What are some things that I can do to relax without technology that is not reading or meditation?
- How long should I disconnect and unplug and what are the benefits?
- How do you stop yourself from going on your phone?
- Do I move my phone to the hallway or keep it in my bedroom?
- How do you stop yourself from picking up your phone after you disconnect?
- What if I put my phone on “do not disturb” but an emergency call/text comes up? What do I do then?
- How can you disconnect if your partner has a different sleep pattern to you, and works in bed while you are sleeping?
- What do you do as your disconnect routine?
- What’s the most effective way to disconnect from technology?
- Any tips to disconnect and unplug?