Surprisingly, no I don't! But yes, I keep my phone somewhere I would hate to get up and reach and if I get a phone call, I pick it up!
Yes I put it on from 10pm when I’m winding down and it goes off at 7:00 when I’m waking. I leave my phone on during the night as I use a sleep app, but I always have my “do not disturb” on during that time.
I should use dnd because my life affords me to have that luxury. Plus, setting my phone to dnd will act as my trigger to mentally disconnect.
That makes sense! I keep mine on too because I use one of those spooky sleep tracking alarm apps that wakes you up when you’re at your least deep sleep level—at the expense of recording your sounds all night (I can listen to my 1 min of snoring in the morn 🤢). Instead I get off of my phone by reading a book and keeping it face down!
No I actually just turn my phone to silent, which I know is not good enough (at least not for me :') ). But of you have to keep your phone on, maybe try one of those focus apps, they might help (I use forest sometimes, which will grow you a lil cute tree when you're not on your phone)
- What do you think about E-Books for reading?
- It some times can take me 2hrs of lying in silence before I fall asleep. Is it better to commit to the 2hrs or can I watch a movie (usually Fantasia, literally like every night). I have picked up the habit of reading for 30min before bed, but then thinking smooth the book keeps me up. Help please.
- Can you remind me to unplug please?
- Do you think that reading a book on your phone counts as using it? Or is it just reading?
- Do you think addiction prevents you ? Or relation?
- What really is the disconnect habit? It doesn’t give very much detail. I’ve been using it as an alarm half an hour before bed to know that I have to set my alarms for the next day and stop looking at my phone until the next day. Is this the intention? Also, Han Solo Star Wars Movie was amazing!
- What time do you disconnect, do you go to sleep right after disconnecting?
- I like to sit on my phone for a bit right before I go to bed but sometimes the phone can disrupt my sleep how can I fix this?
- I tend to have so many questions and reminders to set up before I go to sleep. How do I approach this without technology?
- I play a lot of video games, and my old roomate watched a lot of tv. I also grew up in a house with lots of people. Do you also have difficulty falling alseep to silence and no electronics on in the back ground?