Surprisingly, no I don't! But yes, I keep my phone somewhere I would hate to get up and reach and if I get a phone call, I pick it up!
Yes I put it on from 10pm when I’m winding down and it goes off at 7:00 when I’m waking. I leave my phone on during the night as I use a sleep app, but I always have my “do not disturb” on during that time.
I should use dnd because my life affords me to have that luxury. Plus, setting my phone to dnd will act as my trigger to mentally disconnect.
That makes sense! I keep mine on too because I use one of those spooky sleep tracking alarm apps that wakes you up when you’re at your least deep sleep level—at the expense of recording your sounds all night (I can listen to my 1 min of snoring in the morn 🤢). Instead I get off of my phone by reading a book and keeping it face down!
No I actually just turn my phone to silent, which I know is not good enough (at least not for me :') ). But of you have to keep your phone on, maybe try one of those focus apps, they might help (I use forest sometimes, which will grow you a lil cute tree when you're not on your phone)
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?