Maybe just leave it as far way from your bed as possible? I just turn mine on airplane mode or do not disturb mode once it hits 10:30
im also kind of struggling with that though i havo notices that im waking up to check the tym jus before my alarm is supposed to ring. i guesse it has now registerd and im waking myself up now
I have struggled with this conundrum ~ my answer is, I don’t. I still use my phone as my alarm & I do sleep with my phone on my nightstand. However, I do my meditation every evening via an app on my phone as I go to sleep, & I read a lot of positive wellness content via my phone as part of my ‘preparing to sleep’ routine each evening. So, for me, that benefit balances out the negative of actually sleeping with my phone next to me. & my alarm ensures I never over sleep!
- Do you track/block your use using apps like Freedom and RescueTime? Why or why not?
- Do you usually check off the Disconnect and Unplug habit before you put away your phone for the night or the next morning?
- Without using a device or kindle, what Is your strategy to disconnect and unplug every night and do this consistently?
- What has been your biggest struggle with the disconnect habit?
- I use a sleep app to keep track of sleep cycles which I find very useful. I also use sleep stories sometimes from the Calm app. These motivate me to get to bed at a reasonable time and actually go to sleep. But I’m not literally unplugging. Also we don’t have a landline anymore so I do need to keep my phone on in case of emergencies. Is there a middle ground here?
- well done!! what do you do when you cant sleep and your mind is bein a tosser?
- Do you turn your phone off completely or just put it away somewhere? And where then?
- How do you not worry about missing out on a snap/message from a friend?
- Whilst it is easier during the week, I tend to stay up later at the weekend. Any ideas on how to combat this?
- I’m used to sitting in my bed watching something on my laptop. How/where can I watch it instead.