Put your phone In your outside reaching distance from the bed or don’t even put it in the bedroom! I started doing this two months ago and apart from some unease feelings the first 2 nights I sleep like a baby ever since!
Place it outside your bedroom or the other side of the room. Put a block on that blocks apps at night. It's a really unhealthy habit that needs kicking!
Checking the phone can cause you to wake up before it’s time. I set two alarms. One at 5am and one at 6:30 when I need to get up. If I wake up and haven’t heard my first alarm, I know it’s still the middle of the night and that eases my mind so that I can drift back to sleep. One the first alarm goes off, I feel good knowing I have another 90 minutes to compete my. Sleep cycle of a full 8 hours.
I'd suggest you turn it off and put it in another room. Added benefit is that it might even help you get out off bed becouse of curiosity
- How do you success at avoiding your phone? How do you manage to break the addiction?
- How do you replace your screen time at bedtime? As a mom, sometimes after their bedtime is the only time I get to myself. It’s hard to use that time to wind down and go to sleep when it’s the only “me” time I have.
- How do you stay away from your phone ?
- What is the most effective way to unplug and disconnect for you?
- What do you do when you remember something you need to look up on the internet or someone you need to connect with, after you’ve put your devices away for the night?
- I get really anxious not having my phone next to me when I fall asleep. How have you worked through that?
- What are some of your most favorite ways to disconnect/ unplug? How would you make such a mudane task really fun for yourself?.
- Do you sometimes get anxious when you disconnect? How do you wind down from feeling anxiety about putting the phone away?
- I assume the purpose of unplug and disconnect is to calm yourself and avoiding distractions. I usually read my Kindle book for less than one hour after unplug and disconnect. Does it against the habit?
- How should I be calm about all the messages I can miss ?