Put your phone In your outside reaching distance from the bed or don’t even put it in the bedroom! I started doing this two months ago and apart from some unease feelings the first 2 nights I sleep like a baby ever since!
Place it outside your bedroom or the other side of the room. Put a block on that blocks apps at night. It's a really unhealthy habit that needs kicking!
Checking the phone can cause you to wake up before it’s time. I set two alarms. One at 5am and one at 6:30 when I need to get up. If I wake up and haven’t heard my first alarm, I know it’s still the middle of the night and that eases my mind so that I can drift back to sleep. One the first alarm goes off, I feel good knowing I have another 90 minutes to compete my. Sleep cycle of a full 8 hours.
I'd suggest you turn it off and put it in another room. Added benefit is that it might even help you get out off bed becouse of curiosity
- How do you manage to stay disconnected when you’re bored?
- How early do you disconnect? When you go to bed or a certain amount of hours earlier?
- Do you use your “do not disturb” option and keep your phone on when disconnecting? (I have to keep it on because my insulin pump works with my phone).
- How about setting clock alarm in my phone? Does that count as disconnect?
- When do you disconnect at night?
- Do you put tour phone on airplane mode at night? Or ir can just be away from bed?
- When you disconnect do you just sit there what do you do!
- How can I relax without my device?
- What does unplug mean for you? What about if you have to work?
- How do You find time to do your routine every night? Sometimes I’m so tired and I just want to go to sleep.