Put your phone In your outside reaching distance from the bed or don’t even put it in the bedroom! I started doing this two months ago and apart from some unease feelings the first 2 nights I sleep like a baby ever since!
Place it outside your bedroom or the other side of the room. Put a block on that blocks apps at night. It's a really unhealthy habit that needs kicking!
Checking the phone can cause you to wake up before it’s time. I set two alarms. One at 5am and one at 6:30 when I need to get up. If I wake up and haven’t heard my first alarm, I know it’s still the middle of the night and that eases my mind so that I can drift back to sleep. One the first alarm goes off, I feel good knowing I have another 90 minutes to compete my. Sleep cycle of a full 8 hours.
I'd suggest you turn it off and put it in another room. Added benefit is that it might even help you get out off bed becouse of curiosity
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?