At least an hour before, but preferably a bit longer. It really depends what needs to be done in the evening when I shut down those devices
I should probably stop using it even earlier, but I stop using technology 20 minutes before going to bed. This is only because I use my phone in my guided meditations before bed.
I really don’t watch TV much except for weekends. My phone I make sure I am off my phone half hour before I plan to go to bed
I don’t. There are too many things that are too important to remember that I forget with out the reminders. Like my meds. I also use it to meditate before bed. It is highly impractical for me to stop using technology in the evenings.
Try to read and draw instead of using technology. Try to turn off you're phone half an hour before you go to bed. if you use it during the night then try plugging it in further away from your bed, this way you will be less tempted to use your phone
- Do you track/block your use using apps like Freedom and RescueTime? Why or why not?
- Do you usually check off the Disconnect and Unplug habit before you put away your phone for the night or the next morning?
- Without using a device or kindle, what Is your strategy to disconnect and unplug every night and do this consistently?
- What has been your biggest struggle with the disconnect habit?
- I use a sleep app to keep track of sleep cycles which I find very useful. I also use sleep stories sometimes from the Calm app. These motivate me to get to bed at a reasonable time and actually go to sleep. But I’m not literally unplugging. Also we don’t have a landline anymore so I do need to keep my phone on in case of emergencies. Is there a middle ground here?
- well done!! what do you do when you cant sleep and your mind is bein a tosser?
- Do you turn your phone off completely or just put it away somewhere? And where then?
- How do you not worry about missing out on a snap/message from a friend?
- Whilst it is easier during the week, I tend to stay up later at the weekend. Any ideas on how to combat this?
- I’m used to sitting in my bed watching something on my laptop. How/where can I watch it instead.