Try thinking of ways that she can earn the time. Consider asking her to do a certain number of chores around the house beforehand, or ensure she plays outside or with other toys before she gets a timed amount of tablet. Maybe go for a walk together. Either way, we set Alexa for our son so he knows when to get off.
Maybe you could do something together before her bed time so that she forgets about her gadgets. Try to think what you both enjoy doing and go for it! Reading a book would be a great option but the book must be interesting for you both! Good luck!
Create family time, try making a box type holder that allows you to create a time on when all phones go in the holder and when they come out. This allows you to have the family time you want, the kids won’t listen if they don’t have a leader show them that you’ll follow the rules as well and they will be sure to listen and participate in the family time. This could be a day trip or a movie night, Dinner time, or just simply getting the family together and have a game night. Be sure to listen on what they want to do as well.
You can use your daughter’s device to download “Kidslox” or similar application and pair your mobile. Your mobile as parent controller can monitor and limit your daughter’s device usage (social media, game and internet)
- How can I disconnect yet still complete my fabulous evening routine?
- By disconnecting it means not touching the telephone at all?!
- What do you recommend doing when we face the disconnect habbit challenge?
- What helps you disconnect and unplug? Do you replace the habit of screen time with something else?
- How long did it take to disconnect from social media
- what are your habits to help disconnect?
- What part of your phone triggers you most to pick up your phone?
- I really like using my phone at bedtime because it is the only time I am alone and have time for playing games/browsing social media, etc. I know I shouldn’t use my phone at bedtime, so when do I get to play games?
- What are some things I can do that don’t have anything to do with my phone or computer to help distract myself.
- How do you deal with the desire to check your phone before bed to make sure you’re ready for the next day?