Maybe you could do something together before her bed time so that she forgets about her gadgets. Try to think what you both enjoy doing and go for it! Reading a book would be a great option but the book must be interesting for you both! Good luck!
- How do you disconnect and unplug after a long stressful day?
- How do I know whether I am really disconnected from the technology when I am really sorrounded by them? (I leave my mobile for 1 hour daily from 7PM to 8PM)
- What do you do if you want to sleep with your phone in a different room, but need an alarm to wake you up, and need to check off the other Fabulous habits?
- How can I change my habits to be a morning person?
- Any tips for when your mind is racing with thoughts and you would rather do some chores than go to bed?
Create family time, try making a box type holder that allows you to create a time on when all phones go in the holder and when they come out. This allows you to have the family time you want, the kids won’t listen if they don’t have a leader show them that you’ll follow the rules as well and they will be sure to listen and participate in the family time. This could be a day trip or a movie night, Dinner time, or just simply getting the family together and have a game night. Be sure to listen on what they want to do as well.
You can use your daughter’s device to download “Kidslox” or similar application and pair your mobile. Your mobile as parent controller can monitor and limit your daughter’s device usage (social media, game and internet)
Try thinking of ways that she can earn the time. Consider asking her to do a certain number of chores around the house beforehand, or ensure she plays outside or with other toys before she gets a timed amount of tablet. Maybe go for a walk together. Either way, we set Alexa for our son so he knows when to get off.
- What do you do to a phone call you’d rather not answer?
- Why is disconnecting and unplugging an important habit?
- Isn’t it ironic that it says “disconnect and unplug” whilst we use the app on our phones?
- How early should I disconnect? I brush and shut everything down just before bed and then read for a bit. Should I do it earlier?
- If I don’t have my phone I feel calmer and happier but I feel like I need my phone for emergencies. Family get frustrated and annoyed if I don’t answer them quickly. They say what if it’s an emergency?! It isn’t relaxing to be in a state of ‘what if there is an emergency’ all the time. But how to get the disconnect balance right?
- how do i stay away from my phone im addicted to playing my phone games
- Has anybody noticed a difference in sleep quality after either moving the phone away from your head? Or turning off the WiFi? (I don’t mean simply because you were using it less at night)
- How do I keep from checking my phone throughout the night? Any tips?
- How to reduce usage of phone as we using fabulous in that?
- I have a hard time just laying there and falling asleep, I have to allow myself to fall asleep to an activity. What kind of activity for falling asleep would you recommend?