Try thinking of ways that she can earn the time. Consider asking her to do a certain number of chores around the house beforehand, or ensure she plays outside or with other toys before she gets a timed amount of tablet. Maybe go for a walk together. Either way, we set Alexa for our son so he knows when to get off.
Maybe you could do something together before her bed time so that she forgets about her gadgets. Try to think what you both enjoy doing and go for it! Reading a book would be a great option but the book must be interesting for you both! Good luck!
Create family time, try making a box type holder that allows you to create a time on when all phones go in the holder and when they come out. This allows you to have the family time you want, the kids won’t listen if they don’t have a leader show them that you’ll follow the rules as well and they will be sure to listen and participate in the family time. This could be a day trip or a movie night, Dinner time, or just simply getting the family together and have a game night. Be sure to listen on what they want to do as well.
You can use your daughter’s device to download “Kidslox” or similar application and pair your mobile. Your mobile as parent controller can monitor and limit your daughter’s device usage (social media, game and internet)
- How do you success at avoiding your phone? How do you manage to break the addiction?
- How do you replace your screen time at bedtime? As a mom, sometimes after their bedtime is the only time I get to myself. It’s hard to use that time to wind down and go to sleep when it’s the only “me” time I have.
- How do you stay away from your phone ?
- What is the most effective way to unplug and disconnect for you?
- What do you do when you remember something you need to look up on the internet or someone you need to connect with, after you’ve put your devices away for the night?
- I get really anxious not having my phone next to me when I fall asleep. How have you worked through that?
- What are some of your most favorite ways to disconnect/ unplug? How would you make such a mudane task really fun for yourself?.
- Do you sometimes get anxious when you disconnect? How do you wind down from feeling anxiety about putting the phone away?
- I assume the purpose of unplug and disconnect is to calm yourself and avoiding distractions. I usually read my Kindle book for less than one hour after unplug and disconnect. Does it against the habit?
- How should I be calm about all the messages I can miss ?