I’m starting with just disconnecting from my own phone at midnight instead of setting a hard and fast rule to turn off the tv then also. I have found before that I can’t go to sleep immediately after a show, and I do ask for my husband’s help in not starting new episodes right before I want to sleep, but if we start a movie late it still helps the process to put my phone down at a certain time even if the movie isn’t over. I’m not bothered by his own late phone use.
I tend to disconnect two hours before bed and instead read a book in bed, if he wants technology he has to go downstairs
No because I usually go to the bedroom to disconnect, while he’s still in the living room doing whatever he wants until whenever he wants. We have always had a good system during the evenings.
Nah, it's your thing. Let it be your thing. If your partner will at least support you in doing your thing, then it's all good. Maybe someday it'll be their thing too. Maybe they need to see you do it for awhile before they want to try it themselves. Maybe it'll never be their thing. That's ok. You're two separate people, you can't expect to need or want the same thing at the same time. Your partner doesn't have to copy you to be supportive. They just need to give you the time and space that you need, to do what you need to do, to be the best version of yourself.
I find it so hard!!! I struggle with my partners “lack of growth” but then I remember, he is his own person as I am mine. Although his actions effect me and mine effect him, we do try and put ourselves first. And with that, if he doesn’t want this step right now, fine. I am committed regardless. I stand my ground. Express my feelings of frustration or sadness. And go on improving myself.
- How do you stay motivated or consistent when it comes to trying to lose weight?
- Do you give yourself any exceptions?
- What are your tips to make digital detox easier?
- How can I stop browsing too much on social media?
- How soon do you disconnect before intending to go to sleep?
- How do I not become attached to my devices
- What helps you to stick to a screen time limit.
- What type of music is best when trying to relax and unwind😁
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?