L On I.
Make a goal to put your cell phone/ technology away at least one hour before bed. By the time your body is ready for sleep, your mind will feel less affected by the blue light emitted by your cell phone's screen, encouraging a more restful night of sleep.
Find some alternative non-digital activities that you enjoy doing, to fill the time. Reading is good, but also puzzles, model-building, jigsaws etc.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?