I think it depends. If it’s an enriching video, one that’s helping achieve your goals you could pause it, and finish it on a break, provided you are not in one already. If it’s one that is perpetuating a bad habit that you want to get rid of you could close the window or save it in your YouTube to watch later. You might ever do but it gives peace to your mind, makes it feel that’s still there to watch at some point and your appetite stop bothering you.
Usually I close when I am determined to shut off devices at a certain time… i try not to start something that may be prolonged.. But honestly, sometimes it does depend on what am watching… 90% of the time it’s just the strength of my determination to stick to a commitment I made to myself
It depends of the value of its content. I will stop it if it is a distraction, but will finish it I’m learning something new.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?