I think it depends. If it’s an enriching video, one that’s helping achieve your goals you could pause it, and finish it on a break, provided you are not in one already. If it’s one that is perpetuating a bad habit that you want to get rid of you could close the window or save it in your YouTube to watch later. You might ever do but it gives peace to your mind, makes it feel that’s still there to watch at some point and your appetite stop bothering you.
Usually I close when I am determined to shut off devices at a certain time… i try not to start something that may be prolonged.. But honestly, sometimes it does depend on what am watching… 90% of the time it’s just the strength of my determination to stick to a commitment I made to myself
It depends of the value of its content. I will stop it if it is a distraction, but will finish it I’m learning something new.
- I can’t seem to disconnect from Social Media at night.
- I would like to put my phone in another room at night, but I am afraid my mom or daughter might have an emergency in the night and try to call me, and u wouldn’t be able to hear the phone. Is it OK to just turn off WiFi, and maybe plug my phone in on the other side of room by my bed, so I won’t have tibe tempted to turn WiFi back on and look at internet?
- When do you locate your phone at night to recharge so that it is not by your bed but still convenient to check off your morning and evening routines?
- How to stop to use so much my phone !!!!?
- what are some things i can do when i’m disconnecting and unplugging?
- Is having a blue light filter on your phone good enough as not using the phone at all before bed?
- What is the hardest part of “disconnecting” for you?
- Do you have any tips on how to stay focused when you have to use your phone/computer for school work?
- Can anyone conduct their business affairs without a phone with the proper accomodation?
- How do I stop reaching for the phone when I’m eating? It seems to be an unconscious thing I do!