I think it depends. If it’s an enriching video, one that’s helping achieve your goals you could pause it, and finish it on a break, provided you are not in one already. If it’s one that is perpetuating a bad habit that you want to get rid of you could close the window or save it in your YouTube to watch later. You might ever do but it gives peace to your mind, makes it feel that’s still there to watch at some point and your appetite stop bothering you.
Usually I close when I am determined to shut off devices at a certain time… i try not to start something that may be prolonged.. But honestly, sometimes it does depend on what am watching… 90% of the time it’s just the strength of my determination to stick to a commitment I made to myself
It depends of the value of its content. I will stop it if it is a distraction, but will finish it I’m learning something new.
- How do you manage to stay disconnected when you’re bored?
- How early do you disconnect? When you go to bed or a certain amount of hours earlier?
- Do you use your “do not disturb” option and keep your phone on when disconnecting? (I have to keep it on because my insulin pump works with my phone).
- How about setting clock alarm in my phone? Does that count as disconnect?
- When do you disconnect at night?
- Do you put tour phone on airplane mode at night? Or ir can just be away from bed?
- When you disconnect do you just sit there what do you do!
- How can I relax without my device?
- What does unplug mean for you? What about if you have to work?
- How do You find time to do your routine every night? Sometimes I’m so tired and I just want to go to sleep.