I would say that disconnecting means stop obtaining information from net and social video bscause it overloads the brain. If the disconnect and unplug habit will be located the last in tge list of habits, you can do all the tasks first and them move to disconnect and unplug and simply set your phone aside wearing Bluetooth headphones and listen to suggested relaxing sounds. This is how it works for me.
You don't disconnect and unplug forever. It's like you take from 15 minutes to one hour to just think and be alone with your thoughts, no electronics or stuff like that. When you're done you can come back and mark it as finished.
I tick the final items off, before I do them when I switch my phone off for the night cos I know they're going to be my next steps
After my kids had dinner and baths, and they are settled in their bedrooms. I go into my bedroom for downtime and unplugged from everyone by putting my do no disturb on.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?