I would say that disconnecting means stop obtaining information from net and social video bscause it overloads the brain. If the disconnect and unplug habit will be located the last in tge list of habits, you can do all the tasks first and them move to disconnect and unplug and simply set your phone aside wearing Bluetooth headphones and listen to suggested relaxing sounds. This is how it works for me.
You don't disconnect and unplug forever. It's like you take from 15 minutes to one hour to just think and be alone with your thoughts, no electronics or stuff like that. When you're done you can come back and mark it as finished.
I tick the final items off, before I do them when I switch my phone off for the night cos I know they're going to be my next steps
After my kids had dinner and baths, and they are settled in their bedrooms. I go into my bedroom for downtime and unplugged from everyone by putting my do no disturb on.
- How do you manage to stay disconnected when you’re bored?
- How early do you disconnect? When you go to bed or a certain amount of hours earlier?
- Do you use your “do not disturb” option and keep your phone on when disconnecting? (I have to keep it on because my insulin pump works with my phone).
- How about setting clock alarm in my phone? Does that count as disconnect?
- When do you disconnect at night?
- Do you put tour phone on airplane mode at night? Or ir can just be away from bed?
- When you disconnect do you just sit there what do you do!
- How can I relax without my device?
- What does unplug mean for you? What about if you have to work?
- How do You find time to do your routine every night? Sometimes I’m so tired and I just want to go to sleep.