Its recommended to disconnect about 2h before sleep. My favourite Way is reading. When I start I forget about my phone:D
I think 25 minutes before you actually go to bed is just the right amount of time to disconnect. I tend to use that time to write on my journal about all the crippling anxieties I might have for the next day; sometimes, I just write about the things that happened on that day. I think it helps me let go of my thoughts instead of keeping it inside my mind and not allowing myself to fall asleep easily.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?