I no loner talk to people before I go to sleep. I close my eyes and I tell myself how my day went. I start out loud and watch my breathing. If i panic and open my eyes or start dreading something, then I immediately go back to where I stopped my story and start talking about my day again. I find my dreams are more peaceful this way. I also say nice things about myself and congratulate myself for completing healthy habits. It's like a silver ling review.
Sometimes I feel I should “live more” and be like my friends who stay up all night on social media. But I realized that those are the people that struggle with the most depression. During this quarantine time they are depressed and unproductive. I have learned that having a routine increases productivity and happiness
I think about how lack of sleep might affect the activities that really matter to me the next day. In the end those people tend to not have the same goals and desires as I do so following their lead never gets me near where I want to be. Often times I reluctantly say good night and honestly no one has ever complained.
I ask myself why i want to sleep early and commit to my goals why I want to sleep early. Also I express what I feel, making the feeling less big because expression helps you to undo the trigger you are experiencing 😉 also I reflect on what it gives them to stay up late and ask myself does it help them in their life?
I have the exact same fear. I would stay up til all hours of the night talking to a person until the went to bed so I wouldn’t “miss out” on anything. But in reality, I wasn’t missing out on much. I’ve learned now that I should make decision that’s benefit me. I’m not missing out on anything that isn’t for me. You could try staying up late and talking to the person and see what it’s like or you could just continue to go to sleep. Nothing happens in the middle of the night anyways 🤷🏼♀️
- I can’t seem to disconnect from Social Media at night.
- I would like to put my phone in another room at night, but I am afraid my mom or daughter might have an emergency in the night and try to call me, and u wouldn’t be able to hear the phone. Is it OK to just turn off WiFi, and maybe plug my phone in on the other side of room by my bed, so I won’t have tibe tempted to turn WiFi back on and look at internet?
- When do you locate your phone at night to recharge so that it is not by your bed but still convenient to check off your morning and evening routines?
- How to stop to use so much my phone !!!!?
- what are some things i can do when i’m disconnecting and unplugging?
- Is having a blue light filter on your phone good enough as not using the phone at all before bed?
- What is the hardest part of “disconnecting” for you?
- Do you have any tips on how to stay focused when you have to use your phone/computer for school work?
- Can anyone conduct their business affairs without a phone with the proper accomodation?
- How do I stop reaching for the phone when I’m eating? It seems to be an unconscious thing I do!