This is tricky because I use my phone to play music and check off my fabulous tasks for the day. I typically turn off the wifi on my phone as soon as i start my bed time routine. I also downloaded a wifi timer app that turns off my wifi at certain times. Each night my wifi turns off at midnight, 12:30, 1am, 1:20, and 1:30. That way if i turn the wifi back on for any reason it shuts right back down, so i don't stay up late watching animal videos on youtube.
TLDR: disconnect as soon as you begin your night time ritual, and then make sure you stay disconnected with timers and apps.
I disconnect about an hour before I intend to go to bed, at the point where all of my remaining activities are focused on self care and preparation for sleep. At that point, I don't want to be distracted, drawn into a new task, or stimulated.
5:00 pm is the best time for disconnect I think. Because at or around this time many of us completes the daily chorus and have a nice cup of tea to chill and refresh.
- How do i stop myself from watching tv or tik tok all night?
- what can i do when i ever get bored and want to enjoy and have some fun
- How do you discipline yourself to put your phone away at a certain time?
- I’m pressured to do more in the morning now. Should I be trying to reduce screen time or should it only be avoided before bed?
- How much time do you spend outdoors?
- Do you keep your phones on your nightstands/ bear your bed, or in a different room when going to sleep?
- What do you think about E-Books for reading?
- It some times can take me 2hrs of lying in silence before I fall asleep. Is it better to commit to the 2hrs or can I watch a movie (usually Fantasia, literally like every night). I have picked up the habit of reading for 30min before bed, but then thinking smooth the book keeps me up. Help please.
- Can you remind me to unplug please?
- Do you think that reading a book on your phone counts as using it? Or is it just reading?