This is tricky because I use my phone to play music and check off my fabulous tasks for the day. I typically turn off the wifi on my phone as soon as i start my bed time routine. I also downloaded a wifi timer app that turns off my wifi at certain times. Each night my wifi turns off at midnight, 12:30, 1am, 1:20, and 1:30. That way if i turn the wifi back on for any reason it shuts right back down, so i don't stay up late watching animal videos on youtube.
TLDR: disconnect as soon as you begin your night time ritual, and then make sure you stay disconnected with timers and apps.
I disconnect about an hour before I intend to go to bed, at the point where all of my remaining activities are focused on self care and preparation for sleep. At that point, I don't want to be distracted, drawn into a new task, or stimulated.
5:00 pm is the best time for disconnect I think. Because at or around this time many of us completes the daily chorus and have a nice cup of tea to chill and refresh.
- I can’t seem to disconnect from Social Media at night.
- I would like to put my phone in another room at night, but I am afraid my mom or daughter might have an emergency in the night and try to call me, and u wouldn’t be able to hear the phone. Is it OK to just turn off WiFi, and maybe plug my phone in on the other side of room by my bed, so I won’t have tibe tempted to turn WiFi back on and look at internet?
- When do you locate your phone at night to recharge so that it is not by your bed but still convenient to check off your morning and evening routines?
- How to stop to use so much my phone !!!!?
- what are some things i can do when i’m disconnecting and unplugging?
- Is having a blue light filter on your phone good enough as not using the phone at all before bed?
- What is the hardest part of “disconnecting” for you?
- Do you have any tips on how to stay focused when you have to use your phone/computer for school work?
- Can anyone conduct their business affairs without a phone with the proper accomodation?
- How do I stop reaching for the phone when I’m eating? It seems to be an unconscious thing I do!