You know that feeling when you have been looking at a screen and you have a strong hunger to pick it up again? Do some experimenting to find the amount of time it takes you to get over this feeling, then unplug that much time before bed. This could be anywhere from 30min-90min.
I think that depends on your routine. I, personally, take a shower before I go to bed, so once I am out of the shower I usually have my phone plugged in and I dont use it, unless it's for music or emergencies of course.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?