Biblical Meditation. I calm myself and rather than empty my mind focus on a particular scripture and I reflect on it and how it relates to me
Meditation with soothing music and lasting long for at least 10 minutes. Focus on breathing. Scanning from head to toe with great concentration using guided voice throughout.
L Rke N.
In the mornings, I do love silent sitting meditations. If I need some guide I use Soulvana app to have a meditation session. At night, I find body scan meditation very relaxing before going to sleep.
Mindfulness Meditation, at times using Guided Imagery or Body Scans. The focus, after suffering multiple concussions in 14 months, including two in falls in the past six weeks, is to focus on recuperation and rehab of the brain. Activating the parasympathetic nervous system helps the brain to heal. It also reduces anxiety, stress, distractions, and uses focus on the present with a peaceful mind. It has reduced stress and anxiety. I also use the "Calm" app for shorter meditation and the sleep readings to give me Fuller sleep. In Chicago there is a Mindfulness Meditation class of six weeks taught by Dr Chris Chroniak which also teaches mindfulness yoga. Just focus on your breath and say in, out as you inhale and exhale. Count to 3. Increase it to 5. Do it while walking. Feel the air around you, the earth beneath your feet, the comfort of padding on your chair, etc.
Hello, I just sit for at least 10 minutes trying not to think just be. I guess It's close to Vipassana. Background music or guided meditation do not work for me so far.
Guided meditation. I use the Headspace app and I love that it progressively builds your skill through various workshops.
- What kind of meditation do you practice.
- Do you have a meditation guide that you recommend or a particular teacher that you feel is very helpful for a beginner?
- When’s your favorite time of day to meditate?
- What is the best way and when is the best time to meditate
- Do you find guided or unguided meditation helps to clear your mind more?
- Is there a certain position you find that works better? It seems harder to focus when I try to sit super straight.
- Do you prefer guided mediations or just calming sounds? Do you have any tips to make master meditation?
- Can you meditate properly laying down?
- How do you position yourself when you meditate? Do you sit, lie down, or stand?
- What do you visualise when meditating??